Sterling aspires to be an integrated exploration, development and production company creating sufficient cash flow to both reinvest for further growth and, when appropriate, provide returns to shareholders.
Our ongoing business strategy is to both mature and build our asset portfolio. We intend to do so through executing value accretive, material exploration and production projects with a primary focus on Africa.
To deliver on this strategy the Company will:
- Ensure our current asset base is efficiently and expeditiously matured to ensure the maximum value to our shareholders;
- Conduct a sustained and focused effort to secure and execute high quality New Ventures and/or New Business growth options, with the potential to be transformative to the Company; and
- Use our expertise to promptly explore, appraise and develop potential discoveries into cash flow generative and profitable assets.
- Debt free with cash of ~$91 million; providing a clear advantage in the current commodity market down-cycle.
- 2017 and 2018 work commitments fully funded.
- A talented and experienced team of technical, commercial and financial specialists with a full set of operator capabilities.
- A common vision that is action oriented and results focused.
- Disciplined approach to capital allocation and returns.
- A commitment to value creation throughout a project's lifecycle.